Police Blotter: January 26 – 29, 2012

This report is based on the information published by the University Police Department. Individuals arrested and/or charged with crimes in this report are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Fernanda Chamorro/Sun Star Reporter
Feb. 7, 2012


A male custodial employee, 39, who was recently fired, was caught trespassing in the Davis Concert Hall after hours while intoxicated . An officer found him after a report of intoxicated individuals going in and out of the building on Jan. 26.


Two male students were involved in a vehicle accident after a 24-year-old failed to stop while driving near the Patty Lot and crashed into the vehicle of another student, 21. There were minor damages and no injuries. Forms were provided to the police by both parties on Jan. 27

Reefer to him

Police charged a 24-year-old male UAF resident with possession of marijuana after police smelled the odor coming from his Bartlett Hall room during patrol. Four people were contacted  in the room at that time. He was the only one caught carrying marijuana and a pipe on Jan. 27.

LOWER Lounge

A 20-year-old intoxicated male student was found passed out naked in the lower lounge of McIntosh Hall. He had previously been drunk in a UAF resident’s room and left shortly after still intoxicated. He was transported to the Fairbanks Memorial Hospital by UAFPD due to suspicion of alcohol poisoning since he could not even talk. He was later charged as a minor consuming alcohol on Jan. 28.

Mixing it up

A female student, 19, was experiencing something similar to a panic attack in Moore Hall from a reaction to alcohol and marijuana. A resident assistant reported her and an officer transported her to the Fairbanks Memorial Hospital on Jan. 29.


A Tri-Valley Cantwell ambulance broke down at Mile 340 of the Parks Highway while transporting a patient. It was 50 below when its transmission went out. They could not get another ambulance out there and Alaska State Troopers were busy, so a UAF police officer responded and transported the patient to the Fairbanks Memorial Hospital. The patient was stable with arm injuries.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *