Top 15 sites to waste time on instead of studying
Sun Star Staff Report
Oct. 11, 2011
With midterms coming up, most students are in dire need of things to do instead of homework, projects and studying. So when you find your cursor blinking and lonely at the beginning of what is supposed to be a five-page paper about something that you don’t actually care about, here are 15 alternatives.
1. Fail Blog – www.failblog.org
A collection of “failures,” including everything from amusing unintended captions to videos of people doing incredibly stupid or embarrassing stuff while being smart or lucky enough to catch it on film.
2. Dear Blank, Please Blank – www.dearblankpleaseblank.com
“Dear Stephenie Meyer,
I’m sorry your fans are so obnoxious. Try using less glitter.
Sincerely, J.K. Rowling“
3. F My Life – www.fmylife.com
Looking for the perfect place to share your woes or do you just like to read about other people’s problems? This site is for you.
4. Attack of the Cute – www.attackofthecute.com
It’s amazing how cute something can be just because it’s small. This website is the collection of all the cute kitten, puppy, hedgehog and other assorted animals that you can aww over.
5. FU Penguin – www.fupenguin.com
And if cute animals annoy you, here is the opposite of Attack of the Cute. FU penguin is a site dedicated to telling cute critters that the jig is up.
6. Cracked – www.cracked.com
Obscure, hilarious lists and awesome Photoshop contests make this site a definite bookmark and time sink.
7. Funny or Die – www.funnyordie.com
Funny or Die is the hilarious brainchild of Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Chris Henchy. With a combination of user-created and original material, there’s something on here for everyone.
8. College Humor – www.collegehumor.com
Hard-hitting news you need to read, such as “How to fight a werewolf” and “20 Things You’ll Regret Doing in College.”
9. I Waste So Much Time – www.iwastesomuchtime.com
A user-generated site with the simplicity of tumblr. This site is a creative mix of photos, videos, comics and diagrams that are worth the wasted time.
10. Grouchy Rabbit – www.grouchyrabbit.com
Grouchy Rabbit provides what it calls information for successful living. The site includes tips for success, facts, signs that things aren’t going so well, to-do lists and definitions.
- Signs that things aren’t going so well – MTV wants to create a hit series based on your life.
- Definition – Awkward (adjective) – looking into someone’s eyes while eating a banana.
11. Lamebook – www.lamebook.com
For every really cool friend you have on Facebook, you probably also have another really obnoxious friend that you usually hide from your feed. This website collects those people in all their hilarious, misspelled glory.
12. White Whine – www.whitewhine.com
First-world problems collected on one website. It’s an obnoxious train wreck of spoiled people complaining about minor inconveniences, but you just can’t look away.
13. The Oatmeal – www.theoatmeal.com
This site is an illustrated guide to pet peeves. The art is fantastic and the comics always woo you to their side.
14. Damn You Autocorrect – www.damnyouautocorrect.com
If your iPhone has ever autocorrected your text to your mom into a series of expletives, take solace in the fact that there is a website dedicated to cataloging much worse corrections for all the world to see.
15. Texts from Last Night – www.textsfromlastnight.com
Short and sweet texts that tend to focus on either really great or really awful texts focused on sex, drinking and college life.