Police Blotter: February 7 – 10, 2013

This report is based on the information published by the University Police Department. Individuals arrested and/or charged with crimes in this report are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Fernanda Chamorro/Sun Star Reporter
February 19, 2013

Stalker shocker

Feb. 7- A 25-year-old female student went to the UAFPD to press charges on a 29-year-old non-affiliated man who violated his restraining order’s requirements by emailing her. The man had a 20-day order for stalking her and it had been extended to six months. Police found that although she had checked all the correct boxes for no contact on her form, the court had failed to check the box for text messages, calls and emails. It was the court’s mistake and the man took advantage of the opportunity to email her. The courthouse fixed it and the new court order was sent out to the man, woman, and the UAFPD.

Cash dash

Feb. 7- A 20-year-old woman reported that someone had stolen $140 from her purse. The woman left her purse  in her unlocked car in the South Eielson Parking Lot. She left her vehicle parked on Feb. 6 from 2 to 3:15 p.m. The woman noticed the cash was missing two hours later at Fred Meyer. There are no suspects and the investigation is ongoing.

Fire emergency

Feb. 8- A Wood Center kitchen male employee became aggressive after being fired. Another employee reported him to the police after the former employee threw stuff at him. Police were unable to contact the former employee to trespass him, but a bus driver who knew him agreed to inform police when he saw him. The 26-year-old complainant refused to press charges.

False alarm

Feb. 9- The Office of Electronic Miniaturization on Industrial Avenue called the UAFPD to report that someone had stolen 50 gallons of fuel from the tanks used to heat the building. They reported the tank was filled a week after the actual date and failed to account for when they actually started using it, so they mistook the used fuel as being stolen.

New York pity

Feb. 9- Police stopped a 28-year-old Fairbanks woman for failing to signal a lane change on Geist Road and for having burned out break lights when she was found to be driving with a revoked license. Her license had been suspended in New York for driving with no insurance and she claimed that the issue had been resolved. The woman had a dog in the car and a friend with a valid license agreed to drive her, so the officer issued her a summons.

Face down

Feb. 10- A Resident Assistant reported a 20-year-old non-resident female student who was laying on her face passed out in a Stevens Hall hallway. She was sitting up when police arrived. She was found to be highly intoxicated after failing a preliminary breath test and was transported to the Fairbanks Correctional Center to sleep it off. She was cited for underage drinking.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *